RVNA volunteers are the backbone of our organization. More than 300 people serve in a wide range of capacities, sharing their time, talents, and energy. RVNA volunteers include: community members from area towns; registered nurses and physicians; licensed professionals and business professionals; high school and college interns.
“RVNA is a pillar of our community and it truly is a privilege for me to be a part of this important organization as a volunteer.” ~ Peggy, Ridgefield
If you are interested in volunteering for RVNA, thank you! Please complete the form at left and we will contact you regarding volunteer opportunities.
- Office and clerical support
- Support at flu, blood pressure and well child clinics
- Health Fair planning and implementation
- Reiki and massage therapy
- Help at community programs and educational seminars
- RVNA Board of Directors
- Medical Professional Advisory Committee
- Committees for fundraising events and board support
- Friendly Visitor
- Pet Therapy
If you have questions or would like to learn more about volunteer opportunities at RVNA, please call at 203-438-5555 or email email@example.com.
Hospice by RVNA Volunteers
Hospice by RVNA is also currently seeking volunteers* for Ridgefield and surrounding communities.
Volunteers are critical to the mission of Hospice by RVNA and support patients in a variety of ways, including
- visiting and offering companionship
- reading books or magazines
- assisting with writing letters or scrapbooking
- pet care, and more
Volunteers are also needed for:
- office and phone work
- assistance with mailings
- help at fundraising events.
Professionals willing to offer their services – such as religious leaders, massage therapists, manicurists, handy helpers, and gardeners — are also welcome.
Hospice Volunteer Training: all RVNA Hospice volunteers complete a comprehensive volunteer training program in order to be comfortable and confident with their chosen assignments. The next volunteer training session is being scheduled for November 2018.
To learn more and offer your services, please complete the form at left or contact Hospice by RVNA social worker, Cindy Merritt, LCSW.
* While we appreciate the generosity of all volunteers, we ask those who have recently lost a loved one to wait at least one year before volunteering. Please allow yourself the time you need for yourself — to strengthen and heal. Thank you.