RVNA volunteers are the backbone of our organization. They serve in a wide range of capacities, sharing their time, talent, and energy. Our volunteers include community members from area towns, registered nurses and physicians, licensed and business professionals, and high school and college interns.
“RVNA is a pillar of our community and it truly is a privilege for me to be a part of this important organization as a volunteer.” ~ Peggy, Ridgefield
There are many opportunities at RVNA. These include, but are not limited to:
Office and Administrative Support:
- Data entry, Filing, Mailings
- Phone calls
- Running errands for patients or RVNA
- Assistance planning and preparing for events: Health & Wellness Fair, educational seminars, etc.
- Help with fundraising events
- Support at flu, blood pressure, and well child clinics
- Serve on the RVNA Board of Directors or a special committee
In-Home Help* (Home Health & Hospice):
- Visiting and offering companionship
- Reading books or magazines to patients
- Assisting patients/family with writing letters or scrapbooking
- Assisting with pet care for patients
- Sharing your professional skills – such as religious leaders, accountants, massage therapists, Reiki practitioners, manicurists, handy helpers, gardeners, etc.
* for patients in Ridgefield and surrounding communities.
*Anyone interested in volunteering in the home and/or with Hospice by RVNA must complete a Mantoux test (PPD), complete a Physical at Physician One, submit fingerprints at State Police and attend orientation. The Hospice Volunteer Orientation is a comprehensive 16-hour federally-mandated training program which helps to get you more comfortable and confident with your assignments. This is all provided at no cost to the volunteer.
While we appreciate the generosity of all volunteers, we ask those who have recently lost a loved one to wait at least one year before volunteering for Hospice. Please allow yourself the time you need for yourself — to strengthen and heal. Thank you.
If you are interested in volunteering for RVNA, thank you! Please complete the Volunteer Application and submit to RVNA . Our volunteer coordinator will then contact you to schedule an interview. The interview will be an opportunity for you to learn more about RVNA and the various volunteer opportunities currently available.
If you have questions or would like to learn more, please call at 203-438-5555 or email email@example.com.